Linksys Router Default Password & username is required to access the control panel of the router. Since most router comes with minimum control buttons, users can access the web control panel to manage everything. From the Control panel, we can reset passwords, Change login credentials, and more. Linksys is one of the well-known brands that allows operating the router from an app and web.
Yes, unlike some other router brands, Linksys has an app that users can use to easily set up the router in the first place. And after that, users can also login to the admin panel using a web browser to access the whole settings. Well, in this article, we will provide you the Linksys Router default password and also guide you through it so you can easily log in to your Linksys admin panel. Now, let’s start this article.
- 1 Linksys Router Default Password List 2020
- 2 Login to Linksys Router Web Interface
- 3 Reset Linksys Router to Factory Settings
- 4 Reset Linksys Router Password
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Linksys Router Default Password List 2020
Here is an updated list of passwords for different Linksys router models 2020.
|Linksys||AG 241 – ADSL2 Gateway with 4-Port Switch||admin||admin|
|Linksys||EtherFast Cable/DSL ROuter||Administrator||admin|
|Linksys||Linksys Router DSL/Cable||(none)||admin|
|Linksys||model WRT54GC compact wireless-G broadband router||(none)||admin|
|Linksys||PAP2 / PAP2v2 (Vonage)||admin||admin|
Just look and find the correct username & password for your Linksys Router from the above list. Now, assuming that you have got the username & password that is suitable for your router. Let me guide you on how to login to the web interface.
Login to Linksys Router Web Interface
In order to login to the Linksys Router admin panel, you need the username & password which you have recently found. Apart from that, you also need some other things which are listed in the requirement section below.
- Linksys Router
- Active Internet Connection
- IP Address of your Linksys Router (For most Linksys Router, the IP address that works is 192.168.1.1)
- A PC or Phone or Tablet that has WiFi support
Once you have these requirements, you can start the login process by following the steps below.
Steps to Log in to Linksys Router Admin Panel
- Firstly, make sure that your device is connected to the Linksys router and accessing the Internet.
- Open your favorite web browser and type & enter the suitable IP address i.e 192.168.1.1. This will redirect you to the Linksys router login page.
- Now, enter username & password that you’ve got from the above Linksys Router password list. For the majority of the Linksys router user, the default username & password is “admin“.
- After entering the correct username & password, you will get landed in the main web panel of Linksys router.
These are the easy steps that you can follow to login into the admin panel of the Linksys router.
Note: If you are using Linksys Smart WiFi Router then you will need to follow different instructions that we have listed below to login.
Linksys Smart Router Login Steps
- Open your favorite browser on your device (Make sure that your device is accessing the Internet through the router).
- Click on the Address bar and type & enter myrouter.local or 192.168.1.1 or your Router’s IP address.
- Enter the default password admin or your router password. After that, click on the login button.
- Once you do that, the page will again ask you to enter the Email Address & Password. Just provide it again and tap on the Login button.
- After clicking on the login button, you will be able to login to the Linksys Smart Router panel. That’s it.
These straightforward steps will help you log in to the admin panel of Linksys Smart router. In case, you are a Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi user, you will need to follow different instructions which are listed below.
Login Instruction for Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
- Open your browser and go to the login page (www.linksyssmartwifi.com).
- Now, you will need to use your Email address & password. If you don’t know these, you can find it from the Linksys App.
- After that, enter your correct Email Address & password that is listed on your Linksys App. And then click on the Sign-in button.
- Upon entering the correct login credentials, you will be able to login to the Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System panel.
So, I hope now you clearly know how to login to the Linksys Router panel. We have tried to show the instructions for different types of Linksys Router. Admin panel will help you access all the settings of your router and you will be able to change any settings with few clicks. Since the WiFi system & router devices come with minimum buttons to control, it becomes really hard to manage things i.e changing the WiFi password.
In that case, knowing how to login to the admin panel of your router will help you get going. Now, let me provide you some common instructions that you may require at some point.
Reset Linksys Router to Factory Settings
In case, if something goes wrong or you wrongly configured the router and you also don’t know to log in to the admin panel then resetting it will help. There are basically two ways to reset the Linksys Router. Let me show you both the methods one by one.
First Method: Using the Router Device
Most Linksys Router model contains few buttons to manage the router. One of the buttons that you will find is the Reset button. It is a helpful button that helps easily reset the router to the factory settings in a few seconds. Here’s how to reset the Linksys router using the device.
- Look for the Red reset button in the buttons area of your Linksys router.
- The reset button may be found somewhere else on the router depending on your router model.
- After finding it, tap & hold the button for 10 seconds.
- The LED will start blinking as you will be holding the reset button. It basically indicates that the router is being reset properly.
- Once the reset process finishes, unplug and re-plug the router’s power adapter. The Power LED of the router will keep on blinking for a few seconds after resetting as it is still trying to stabilize.
Second Method: Using Web-based Panel
Sometimes, you may encounter an issue while resetting your Linksys Router from the device, the LED may keep on blinking even after complete reset. The safest way to reset the Linksys Router is using the Web-based panel. Here’s how to reset from the web panel.
- Access the router’s web-based setup page following the above login instructions.
- Click on the Administration option then click on the Factory Defaults sub-option.
- Under the Factory Defaults section, click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
After resetting it, you will need to re-configure it in order to make it stable & running. This method is safe to follow and we highly recommend to reset Linksys Router only through the web panel.
Reset Linksys Router Password
You may want to change the default password which is admin as it is not safe. You should set a unique password so no one can guess & login to your router panel. here’s how to reset Linksys Router password.
- Login to the Linksys Web panel using the above appropriate instructions.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Under the Management section, enter the new password in the Router Password and Re-Enter to Confirm fields.
- Finally, click on Save Settings.
Now, all the old devices which were connected to the router will need to use the new password to connect & access the Internet.
To reset the Linksys Router password, you will need to login to its web panel using the username & password. After that, you can reset the password from Administrator Tab>Management>Router password.
By default, you can use the “admin” as username & password to log into a Linksys Router. You cannot log in automatically, you must visit 192.168.1.1 and manually enter the username & password to log in.
The default password for Linksys e2500 is “admin” that you can use to login to the web panel from 192.168.1.1 IP address.
Using the default username & password of Linksys router, you can log in to the web panel and access every setting you want. The web panel of Linksys is super user-friendly and it is also the recommended way to manage your router. However, sometimes managing i.e resetting the router from the device results in damage. Or the buttons may stop working, in that case, only the web panel of Linksys can help.
Well, we have tried to explain the instructions in a simple manner so the Linksys user can easily understand & follow. If any of you reading this have still any question regarding Linksys router then you can ask in the comments below.