Add Chat Shortcut: WhatsApp has become the number one messenger app for Android user because of its quality and features that deliver awesome chat experience with friends and family. Communication between two people has become way easier because of it. And now not everyone can chat only, they can also video call, voice call, send recorded audio, send pictures with friends and family using WhatsApp messenger.
And no question, in upcoming years the communication level that WhatsApp is going to provide will be much higher level. But for now, Add chat shortcut feature of WhatsApp is totally underestimated and I think most WhatsApp user even don’t know about it.
So, in this article, I will explain about it and also guide you to use to ease the chatting with any contact person. Let’s get started.
- 1) What is Add Chat Shortcut?
- 2) How to Add Chat Shortcut of WhatsApp in Home Screen
- 2.1) Screenshots
- 2.2) How to Remove WhatsApp Chat Shortcut from Android Home Screen
- 2.3) Benefits of WhatsApp Chat Shortcut
- 2.3.1) 1. Less hassle to see messages
- 2.3.2) 2. Time-Saving to view message
- 2.3.3) 3. View the number of messages without logging in WhatsApp
- 2.4) Disadvantages of WhatsApp Chat Shortcut
- 2.4.1) 1. You will get overwhelmed by chat shortcuts if you have too many friends in contact
- 2.4.2) 2. RAM usage of your phone may Increase if you add too many shortcuts of chat
- 2.5) It really Improves the chatting experience?
- 2.6) Conclusion
What is Add Chat Shortcut?
Add chat shortcut is very basic and old feature of WhatsApp messenger. But most of its users are not aware of it. And because of that, their chatting experience with WhatsApp is not great. Add chat shortcut is basically a function that allows users to add shortcut way to open a chat of particular person without logging in WhatsApp.
The chat shortcut gets added to the home screen of Android phone and in a tap, you can instantly open his/her chat instead of opening WhatsApp and chat tab of his/her. The chat shortcut will basically contain his/her profile logo with a round shape. And you will be able to see a number of unread messages directly from the shortcut.
How to Add Chat Shortcut of WhatsApp in Home Screen
Here are the steps to add chat shortcut of WhatsApp’s contact person to the home screen of Android:
- First, open the WhatsApp messenger on your phone.
- Tap an hold a chat tab which you want to add chat shortcut.
- Once you tap and hold, options on the top will change and appear.
- Click on three dots and select Add chat shortcut from the options.
- When you have done that, you will see a short messaging saying chat shortcut is created.
- Go to your home screen and you will able to see the selected person chat shortcut.
That’s how you can create or add chat shortcut of WhatsApp’s contact person. Now you can just tap on it to open his/her chat and start communicating with saving your time.
Let me also guide you on removing chat shortcut from home screen.
How to Remove WhatsApp Chat Shortcut from Android Home Screen
The time may come when you don’t want to chat with him/her on WhatsApp because now you have done with the relationship or had fighting done recently. In case, you can easily remove his/her chat shortcut. Let me guide you in that too and trust me the process is going to be way easier.
- Unlock your home screen if you have set a password.
- Go to the chat shortcut window of your home screen.
- Tap and hold the shortcut chat until options appear on the top and then slightly drag & drop to remove option.
- And that’s it.
You have successfully removed the WhatsApp chat shortcut from your Android home screen. Do follow the same steps to remove other Chat shortcuts if you have created.
Benefits of WhatsApp Chat Shortcut
There are many benefits you will get by adding the chat shortcut of a person whom you chat very often. Let me break down this in points.
1. Less hassle to see messages
This is the first very benefit you will get if you use WhatsApp chat shortcut. You will be able to view messages of a particular person directly from your home screen of Android. On the shortcut, you will see the messages in number.
2. Time-Saving to view message
Have you ever killed so much time to find WhatsApp and open from your app drawer to view messages under it? Then creating a WhatsApp shortcut will probably save your time to view messages. By just tapping on the shortcut from your Android home screen, you can view messages from a particular person.
3. View the number of messages without logging in WhatsApp
Now, you don’t have to always log in in WhatsApp to see the numbers of messages from him/her. The messages number will be shown on the shortcut that you added on your home screen.
These are the three benefits that you will get by using the Add Shortcut feature of WhatsApp messenger.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp Chat Shortcut
Unfortunately, there are also some disadvantages of using Shortcut chat of WhatsApp messenger.
1. You will get overwhelmed by chat shortcuts if you have too many friends in contact
This is true that you will not get enough space on your home screen to do other tasks like having important application shortcut, Clock Widget, Weather widget, etc. And it gets worse if your phone’s home screen doesn’t’ support more than 1-2 home screen tab.
2. RAM usage of your phone may Increase if you add too many shortcuts of chat
You will definitely face this problem if you have got a medium or low specs device in which you have a very little amount of RAM and storage. Having too many WhatsApp chat shortcuts on home screen consume RAM to process the instant chatting by shortcut. Hence, it may slow down your phone due to short of RAM availability.
It really Improves the chatting experience?
According to me and some other WhatsApp messenger users, using shortcut chats will improve the chatting experience drastically. It basically saves you time by directly opening the Chat instead of starting WhatsApp and then open the chat. In just a click, you can view coming messages and instantly reply to that without wasting so much time.
Overall, this feature of WhatsApp is essential and through this article, I wanted to highlight it because its the most useful feature when it comes to chatting. It really eases the process of chatting with friends & family. And I highly recommend to start using it from now and cut the communication time taken through WhatsApp messenger.
Many of you using WhatsApp and complaining that it doesn’t have enough features to ease chatting or communication. It actually has enough features and many features are on the way. In upcoming days, you will be able to see more improvements to WhatsApp which will really enhance the communication using Android device.
For now, you can use Add Shortcut features of it and I’m damn sure most of you don’t know about it because its the essential feature that underestimated from a long time.
Hopefully, you liked this article on Add shortcut of WhatsApp? If so, I really appreciate if share this article with your friends and family to let them know about this hidden feature of WhatsApp messenger.