Adding a contact in WhatsApp is now way easier because of the Recent WhatsApp Update. WhatsApp has recently launched or Added an Add New Contact button in WhatsApp. Using this Button, you can easily Add Contact in WhatsApp. This button was not available before, only adding a person in Group option is Available. But now you can Add anyone in WhatsApp. So, basically in this article, you will learn how to Add someone in WhatsApp Android.
So, first, let’s talk about the Problem WhatsApp had with adding Contacts.
- 1 What Was the Problem with WhatsApp in Adding Contact in Android?
- 2 How WhatsApp has Dealt with the Adding Contact Issue?
- 3 How to Add Contact in WhatsApp 2018
- 4 Method 1: Using Default WhatsApp Add Contact
- 5 Method 2: Add Contact in WhatsApp using Phone Address Book
- 6 How to Remove Someone from WhatsApp Contact
- 7 How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Instead Removing from Contact
- 8 Conclusion
What Was the Problem with WhatsApp in Adding Contact in Android?
Back then, WhatsApp hadn’t any button in the Entire app to Add Someone in WhatsApp. Almost all the WhatsApp users struggled at first in Adding Contact. We all stumbled in every area of WhatsApp but found no hope for Adding my love one.
And then WhatsApp has released a Guide to Add Contact. And in that guide, the way is listed through using default Phone Address Book. After Adding the Contact Under Phone Address Book App, WhatsApp automatically fetches that and everyone will be able to Add contact under WhatsApp. That’s sounds ugly for many. But that’s the only method back then.
How WhatsApp has Dealt with the Adding Contact Issue?
Late in 2018, WhatsApp has dealt by Adding a Shortcut Button in the Chat Section to Impress Users. Hah! And that button also led towards default Phone Address book.
So, WhatsApp has still not Provided its own method to Add Contact. I think they should Provide their own method to add a contact because that will save time.
So, let me guide you on how you can Add someone in WhatsApp. Methods are Latest and Work fine.
- Read it too: How to Install and Use WhatsApp on Windows PC
How to Add Contact in WhatsApp 2018
Adding Contact in WhatsApp is not so complicated. Anyone can do. And the best part is I have Provided a bunch of methods so, you can have the option if one didn’t work.
Method 1: Using Default WhatsApp Add Contact
- Firstly, make sure the WhatsApp in your Android is up to date. Because you will not found the add contact button if have the old version. To update WhatsApp, Go to>Play Store>My Apps & Game>Update WhatsApp.
- Open the App and click on the Chat Icon from Right Bottom.
- Then select Add New Contact option or Button.
- Fill the Name and Number.
- Save it. Go back to WhatsApp Chat Section and refresh the list.
- Scroll Download to his first Name Letter Section and look.
That’s it. This was the simple method to Add Some by using WhatsApp Add contact button.
Method 2: Add Contact in WhatsApp using Phone Address Book
- Open the Phone Dialer of your Android Phone.
- Type the full Mobile Number.
- Then click on the Create Contact or Add contact.
- Fill his Name and Hit the Save button.
- If the Number will Pop-up in the History area Means you would have made a Call to the Number. If this will pop-up then leaves the 3rd and 4rth steps.
- Tap on the Number Icon, Click on add contact.
- Create New Contact and Mention his/her Name.
- And Save it.
This is the Alternative method, if the first method didn’t work for you then this second method will definitely work.
I have shown you the methods to add contacts in WhatsApp. Now let me show you how you can remove someone from WhatsApp Contact.
How to Remove Someone from WhatsApp Contact
Annoyed by someone and want to completely Remove Him/Her from your WhatsApp contact? This is so easy and you can do this in seconds. Since WhatsApp didn’t have their own Contact Database, you can delete His/Her contact from your Phone Address Book. This will also remove His/Her from your WhatsApp Contact.
Here’s how you can remove someone from your WhatsApp contact:
- Open your Phone Address Book on Android.
- Search His/Her Name, let’s say AMAN and then tap on it.
- Click on the three dots or Menu Option.
- Select Delete, press OK.
- And the Contact will be removed from WhatsApp and Phone Address Book.
I Understand you may just want to Remove Him/Her from WhatsApp, not from Phone Address Book. There is no method for that. But yes you can Block Him/Her on WhatsApp that will prevent the Communication between you and Him/Her.
How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Instead Removing from Contact
If you just want to Block the Communication and Don’t want to remove Him/Her completely from Contact then follow my steps:
- Open WhatsApp in your Android Phone.
- Go to the Chat tab of His/Her.
- Click on the three dots from right top.
- Tap on More.
- Select Block and then Hit Block.
This will only interrupt the communication between you and Him/Her. You can anytime Unblock Him/Her on WhatsApp.
- Read it too: Check Data and Storage Usage of WhatsApp
WhatsApp is Now a Top Social Media but adding a Contact on it is not so easy. Some Newbie fails in adding a contact or can’t find ways to add. So, by targetting their needs, I have written this Article.
Basically, to add a contact on WhatsApp, you can follow two methods that I have described above.
Hopefully, You liked this Article? If So, share it with your Friends and Family to let them Know the methods to add contacts in WhatsApp. Also, comment your thoughts below. Thanks.