Update GB WhatsApp: The process of updating it is quite different than most of the apps. And you will need to follow a very different method to update it. To update most of the apps, you just need to open the official app store, go to the update section and update the app with a click. And that will not work when it comes to updating GB WhatsApp on phone.
GB WhatsApp is not available in the official app store of the Android phone and so in order to update it, you need to manually perform the steps which I will show you in this article. So, let’s start this article and let me first explain things about updating GB WhatsApp.
Why Updating GB WhatsApp is Necessary?
Updating GB WhatsApp is very important because unless you have the latest version installed on your phone, you can’t be able to fully use it. You can register and log in under GB WhatsApp but when you reach the main chat interface, it will you show you a notification or warning to immediately update it.
The developer of GB WhatsApp is very careful about data and privacy. And the outdated GB WhatsApp can become vulnerable for you to get attacked by hackers and steal your personal data. And there will be no clue left if a hacker steals your personal data because the GB WhatsApp is a fully open-source and its developer doesn’t track anything going on in the app.
And so, it’s super important to always have the latest version installed on your phone. The cream part is there are a bunch of ways through which you can update GB WhatsApp without hassle. So, let me help you in updating GB WhatsApp on your phone.
How to Update GB WhatsApp
Here, I will show you two different methods to update the GB WhatsApp. You can follow any to update it on your Android. So, here we go…
Method 1: Update GB WhatsApp by installing the New Version
- First, uninstall the current outdated GB WhatsApp from your Android phone.
- Download the latest GB WhatsApp on your Android using Google Chrome Browser.
- Install the GB WhatsApp like you normally install other apps.
- Once installation complete, just press done and exit the installer.
- Now, open the GB WhatsApp and sign in with your Mobile number. You can also restore chat if you have backed up.
- Once you signed in and complete filling all the information, you are done updating GB WhatsApp.
That’s how you can simply update GB WhatsApp by downloading and installing the latest version. Unfortunately, this method will erase your chat history and you will get a new interface after updating.
If you don’t want to lose your chat then you should make a back-up before uninstalling it. And once you installed the new version, just restore the backup while signing in. In that way, you will not lose your GB WhatsApp chat. Now, let me show you the second method to get updated GB WhatsApp on your phone.
Method 2: Update GB WhatsApp Using Settings
- Open the GB WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Click on the three dots from the right top corner to expose the GB WhatsApp options.
- Click on the “GB WhatsApp” or “Fouad Mods” or “Developer” option. Once you tap on it, you will enter to GB WhatsApp settings.
- In the settings, click on Updates.
- And then click on Check for updates.
- If a new version will be available, you will get notice of an option to directly update.
- Just press on the download & Install button to start the updating process. The new version will automatically download and get installed on your phone.
- That’s it.
This method will definitely work for you if the first one is not worked. So, just follow any method from above and update your GB WhatsApp. If you are still confused that your GB WhatsApp is updated or Not then let me also help in that.
Also Read: What is GB WhatsApp? And is it safe to use?
How to Check if Latest GB WhatsApp is Installed in a Phone?
In most cases, GB WhatsApp warns the user to immediately update the app once the new version gets available to download. But in case you just want to make sure that you have the old version or latest version installed on your phone, you can follow my steps.
- First, launch the GB WhatsApp.
- Tap on three dots from the top right.
- Click on GB WhatsApp settings from options.
- Touch the updates option.
- And then click on GB WhatsApp Changelog.
- Match the version of your GB WhatsApp with the GB WhatsApp available on the official GB WhatsApp site. If both are the same then it means you have the latest version and if your GB version is lower then just update by following the above updating steps.
It is that simple to confirm whether you have the latest GB WhatsApp or old GB WhatsApp version installed. If you found this article helpful, please share this with your friends who use the GB WhatsApp.