Updating software in Samsung Galaxy phones becomes easy when the update gets available in the software update section of settings. And when this type of update comes, it called OTA (over-the-air) update. Samsung Galaxy phones are a bit high at price and nobody wants to follow an unsafe method to install updates which immediately leads to phone dead. And so, here I’m going to provide you the practical way to update software in Samsung Galaxy phones safely.
To update the software on Samsung Galaxy phones correctly, you gotta keep in mind some important points which I will explain here. Let’s start this article and let me first explain everything so there be no doubt left in your mind.
- 1 What is OTA Update?
- 2 How to Check OTA Update is available or Not in Samsung Galaxy Phones?
- 3 How to Software Update in Samsung Galaxy Phones
- 4 Things to Do Before Updating your Samsung Galaxy Phone
- 5 Conclusion
What is OTA Update?
OTA stands for over-the-air and OTA update means receiving an update on the phone directly through the Software Update service. This doesn’t contain the use of an external source for file downloading and installing updates. From downloading to installing, all happens in Android phones and other the air.
The update gets delivers in the phone wirelessly and in most OTA updates, default application and Android software get patched with a new version. This type of update happens fast and takes less time. Also, it is the most preferred method to update Samsung Galaxy phones.
How to Check OTA Update is available or Not in Samsung Galaxy Phones?
Checking OTA update in an Android phone is way simple than updating an Android phone manually with the help of a computer. Let me show you in steps to check OTA update is available or not in your Samsung Galaxy phone:
- First, go to the settings of your Android phone.
- Scroll down to bottom and tap on About phone.
- Then click on Download Update manually, you will get this option at the top.
- Once you tap on it, checking for new updates will start.
- And when the checking ends, you will be able to see if an update for your Android device is available or Not.
- That’s it.
That’s how you can check OTA update is available or Not in a Samsung Galaxy phone. You may see a different interface than shown in the pictures. But all the steps will be exactly the same for your Galaxy phone. Now, let me show you how you can software update on Samsung Galaxy phone.
Read it too: How to Enable VoLTE in Galaxy Note 4 All variants (Updated)
How to Software Update in Samsung Galaxy Phones
I’m going to show you steps that can help in updating software on your Samsung Galaxy phone. And it really doesn’t matter whether you have Lollipop, KitKat, Marshmallow, Oreo, these steps can be applied in all these Androids. Some options may be varied in various Androids but the options will be found somewhere near. Here are the official steps to Software update in Samsung Galaxy phones:
- First, turn on the Internet Data or get connected to your Stable WiFi router. Whatever you use for updating software, make sure it’s fast and stable.
- Open the settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Click on About option, it can be found somewhere in the top or bottom.
- Once you are in About device, tap on Download updates manually. When you tap on it, Software update service will start checking for new software availability.
- If a new software update is available, press on download software to start downloading it.
- When downloading finishes, you will get three options to install; Later, Install Overnight, and Install Now.
- To install the update immediately, press on Install Now. And if you are doing some work in the background or have work to do select Install Overnight or Later option.
- Once you press on Install, your Samsung Galaxy phone gets rebooted in Recovery Mode and the updates start installing.
- When updating completed, the device will reboot and you will be able to see the effect of new updates.
That’s how you can update the software on your Samsung Galaxy phones. You may see the Software update option instead of Download Software manually in About device. The meaning of both is the same so don’t get confused there.
Read more: How to Play PUBG Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Without Lag
Things to Do Before Updating your Samsung Galaxy Phone
If you are first time updating your Samsung Galaxy phone then you should know some important things. If you care about these things you will not regret like others. So, here are those things:
1. Make Sure you Have enough storage Space
Usually, when you install any update on phones, a Huge amount of Storage gets reserved on your phone due to the update. Whenever new update gets installed, new files get added to the internal storage and less storage get available. Sometimes, when the phone lack storage space the software updating process gets interrupted. So, to not face storage space problems while updating the Samsung Galaxy phone, make sure you make free space before installing the update.
2. Backup All the Important Files Before Installing Update
You probably have heard many times that you should back up everything before software updating.
To update Samsung Galaxy phones, you just need to follow some common steps that I have shown above. And you will be able to update your Galaxy phone without taking the help of others.
Hoping this helped you? If so, I appreciate it if you just comment on the steps worked or not. Also, comment down below if you have any question, I will help you to tackle it.