Want a Smooth Performance on your PC and Laptop? Increase Dedicated Video Memory! Enough Video Memory is super important these days, due to the Growing Demands of Graphics and Picture Qualities in the market. Increasing your Video Memory there are strong chances of improvement in Desktop and Laptop performances. Usually by default a particular fixed amount of Video memory given to all of us in our System. Well, I know for you the given amount of video memory is not enough? Because Game Producers are also much developed, they still working on improving Picture quality in Games. See the top 5 best game booster for pc and Laptop.
In this article, you will learn How to Increase Dedicated Video Memory in AMD Radeon HD and Intel HD Graphics.
But before You have to know some information which is needed for the Process. This informations may help you further or before. So, make sure you don’t skip them.
Now, let’s dive in…
- 0.1 What is Dedicated Video Memory?
- 0.2 What is Shared Video Memory?
- 0.3 Difference Between Dedicated and Shared Video Memory?
- 1 How to Increase Dedicated Video Memory in AMD Radeon HD and Intel HD Graphics 2018
What is Dedicated Video Memory?
Dedicated Video Memory or VRAM is a memory were used in 2D and 3D Rendering works. Mostly while editing High-quality video, Playing Games, Running heavy application, etc.
This Video Memory have its own RAM means it doesn’t need external fighting with Your RAM. Dedicated Video Memory may come inbuilt or you need to insert externally.
Actually, it comes inbuilt but too little. AMD gives more inbuilt Graphics Memory than other. In most cases, normal PC’s has only 32Mb, 64Mb, 128Mb graphics.
And It is Original Video Memory, not Shared video memory.
It is just temporary Dedicated Video Memory! Shared Video Memory means it doesn’t have its own Memory like dedicated video memory.
It takes memory from Installed RAM and with every sticks inserted respectively. You can always have controls on it to customize. Means you can adjust the size of shared video memory.
Basically Dedicated Video Memory is Original and Powerful than Shared Video Memory.
It has its own Memory so it can handle any task more efficiently than shared Video Memory.
Shared Video Memory is usually taken memory from Installed RAM. And its temporary means you can always customize it or remove it.
Now, Lets come to the Main point that how to increase your Dedicated Video Memory in Real? Well by continue the reading!
How to Increase Dedicated Video Memory in AMD Radeon HD and Intel HD Graphics 2018
Here are the steps to Increase Dedicated Video Memory:
- First, go and Check your Current Dedicated Video Memory.
- Restart your PC or Laptop and Enter into BIOS setup.
- Go to Advanced Chipset Tab and select north Bridge.
- In Buffer Size set auto to manual.
- Set your Memory to least like at 64MB or 32MB, don’t do it if already.
- After changing to least, save it (by F4 button) and restart.
- Check again your Video Memory in screen resolution>advanced setting.
- Process accomplished.
Steps in Brief:
- For checking your video memory you should go to your home desktop, click right on your mouse and go to screen resolution. There you will found an advance setting, click on it and Graphics details will be flash out.
- Now, Restart your PC or Laptop and tap a proper key which processes towards to BIOS setup. Mine Motherboard is ECS and its key for BIOS entry is “Delete”. Your absolutely different one, check your motherboard manual for proper information.
- After entering in BIOS setup, you should go to Advanced Chipset setting. There Two bridges can be found North and South. Click on North Bridge for forward setups.
- There buffer size memory you will see, it usually in auto mode but you should change into the manual.
- After, select the amount of memory to choose the least one like 32MB or 64MB. Don’t do any changes if it already sets in the least.
- After these changes, you should save it and make a restart, for this a proper key has been provided in your operating manual. So check it or simply may those key suggesting you inside Bar of your BIOS.
- After a restart, check your video memory in screen resolution>advanced settings. Check the improvement in Dedicated video memory.
- The process of increasing DVM (dedicated video memory) is completed, Congrats!
Note: I explained these steps using my Radeon graphics PC, but the same process works for Intel instead of some words differently.
Benefits of increasing Dedicated Video Memory
Well there are a lot of benefits in increasing the dedicated video memory, some of them are:
- Performance Boost Up.
- Video Rendering becomes faster.
- Gaming will be improved.
- More application compatibility.
- The advanced feature can be available.
- HD graphics designing Support.
The disadvantage of Increasing Dedicated video Memory than Normal
- Installed RAM cuts out.
- Multi-tasking may get slow.
Overall you should Increase your Dedicated video Memory to make your computer more powerful.
Dedicated Video Memory dramatically impacts your performance of your gaming and application accessibility.
RAM is not much important than Graphics Memory today. So by being honest, you should try this to increase the dedicated memory of computer and Laptop.
Increase Dedicated Video Memory and you will do a wise man work.
Usually, Graphics cards are too much expensive, if you haven’t money then this is the golden method for you.
Insert More RAM Sticks, I think its cheap than Graphics Cards and then you will save your Money to.
Share this with your friend who is struggling with low Graphics memory and let him enjoy the Gaming thrill.